The American Board of Radiology (ABR) will accept applications for the 2019 ABR Part 1 exam for certification in medical physics from September 3 – December 1, 2019. Applications, including all supporting documentation, is submitted online.
- Part 1 Requirements and Application, for first-time applicants only
- Exam Dates and Locations
- Information on the Random Audit of Applications
Upon approval of the application, the ABR will charge the application/exam fee to the candidate’s myABR account. The candidate will then pay online, alleviating the need to fax or mail a payment form.
When the application is received, the ABR will review and process it accordingly. If any information is missing, or if we have any questions, we will contact the applicant.
If application is approved:
- Approval notification will include instructions on how to pay the Part 1 fee.
- Applicant will receive an exam invitation via email approximately two months before the exam. The invitation will include the opening date of Pearson VUE registration, as well as additional instructions.
If application is denied:
- Applicants are given one opportunity to appeal.
- Applicants will be given 30 days from notification of denial to file an appeal.
Questions about the application process can be directed to the ABR.