- PhD; Medical Physics; University of Florida; Gainesville, FL
- PhD: Medical Physics; State University of New York; Buffalo, NY
- MS: Medical Physics; State University of New York; Buffalo, NY
- MS: Physics; Louisiana State University A&M; Baton Rouge, LA
- MSc: Physics; University of Hyderabad; Talangana, India
- BSc: Physics; University of Calicut; Kerala, India
Dr Shankar completed two years of the diagnostic imaging component in the DIMPR residency and one additional year focused on nuclear medicine physics and radiation safety.
His research interests included CT organ dose calculations; O-Arm dose indices, radiotherapy treatment for COVID-19 patients using FPD; variation in photometer measurements; and PET protocol optimization.
In August 2021, Dr Shankar passed Part II of the American Board of Radiology exam in Diagnostic Medical Physics.
During his time in the program, Dr Shankar took a vacation with his brother, during which they drove across the country from Palo Verde Beach, California to Neptune Beach, Florida. They visited numerous national and state parks along the way.